Wednesday, November 19, 2008

101.2 degrees and Science

That was my Emy's temperature when the school nurse called yesterday. My sweet girl felt sick all day long yet decided to tough it out until about 2 pm. Why? You ask?? She didn't want to miss SCIENCE. ewwwwwww.

Emy loves Science and she's good at it. She has a 100% in it. When I saw that on her report card. I couldn't believe it. I mean, my girls always have excellent grades. They are very lucky in that they rarely have to work hard to get anything. Studying?? Not really necessary for them.

But SCIENCE?!

Well that's just unheard of. And, let me tell ya internets, 6th grade science...it's friggin hard stuff. Plus Emy is in the advanced class. When I look over her homework, I am intimidated by the crap. But she just smiles like she actually enjoys it! She enjoys science! Where did I go wrong????? LOL Her teacher is constantly telling me how bright she is, how she has a future in the sciences, and I glow because I am full of pride. But, internets, can I just tell ya something?? I hate science. Science and I are not on speaking terms. It hates me just as much as I hate it.

The thing that's a bit weird in all of this is the fact that since she was about 3 yrs old, Emy has said she WILL be a veterinarian. Not that she wants to be one when she grows up, but that she IS going to be a vet. And now all this science stuff just molds perfectly to her life plan. This child has always had an 'old soul'. She's always been a bit more tuned in to everything, a bit more sensitive to others (animals included), and she's always been much more mature than her numerical age. So I guess this science thing shouldn't really throw me all that much. She's known what she wants since day one and she's setting off to do it.

But SCIENCE??!!! That gene definitely skipped a generation! Uggghhhh.

Vintage Emy circa 12/2002

Photobucket

No comments: