Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ugghhhh. Hey internets, I think I'm sick.

This is what I get for being supermomma and waiting on my sweet Emy hand and foot while she had pneumonia last week? THIS? This is not the prize I was hoping for guys. Some flowers? Dinner out? But not a sore scratchy throat, raging sinus pain, and a general feeling of ick. Nope, this is not what I had planned. But this is what I expected. It is, after all, what happens almost every time one of the girls is sick. I have a rotten immune system and even worse sinuses. I'm lucky like that.

This yucky feeling does not, at all, help my current aversion to Thanksgiving either. In fact, it makes it far worse. I'm kind of bad at being sick internets. I whine and get crabby. I generally make everyone around me wish I would just disappear. And I'm certain they've all pictured ways to make that happen a few times, especially Big Daddy. He's much better at being sick. It happens so rarely to him that he just kind of deals. Me? I don't have that kind of ability. I don't deal. At all. I force myself to get things done and in turn make myself more miserable. It's a bad time for all involved.

I'm loading up on liquids, Dayquil, Nyquil, all quils *lol*, and vitamins in an attempt to stave off a full blown sinus infection. So far, no fever which is good, but I don't always get fevers when I'm infected...hee hee. I am tempted to call up good ole family doc for some superb antibiotics, but I think I'm going to try to kick this one on my own first. This never works well for me either. Apparently my body lacks this ability as well. Just chalk up another weakness. It's okay if you want to make a list internets. I know I'm pretty pathetic.

I'm hoping to get some collages done of past Novembers and post them a bit later. Of course, I'm also hoping the laundry which is in the washer and dryer will finish up themselves. Oh! And can anyone stop by to unload the dishwasher and clean out the fridge? That would rock internets. That really would.

No comments: